Full paragliding course for beginners.
Learn to fly and become a certified paragliding pilot in only 2 weeks!
Combined IPPI 1+2+3 | BHPA Elementary+Club Pilot | APPI Discover+Explore+Pilot
This intensive paragliding course combines the Elementary and the Club Pilot courses and it will drive you from a complete beginner to a certified pilot allowed to fly unsupervised. No previous experience is needed.
In southern Spain, you will take advantage of the excellent weather conditions for maximum air-time and we are able to guarantee you will complete your course in two weeks.
Intensive paragliding course.
Fast learning with our revolutionary method combining tandem flights + solo flights.
Because we know that our students have a short time to learn to fly, we have developed our own learning system; our method is faster, safer and more fun than the traditional way.
The traditional teaching method is based on short flights from a low hill (10-50 meters high). The student doesn't have too much time to practice the exercises and has to walk to the top of the hill over and over to try again. These hops are good to make you more confident in the beginning, but in the long run, it extends the time it takes to develop your skills.
How does our system work?
- ONE-to-ONE TANDEM FLIGHTS:
In the beginning, you will fly in a dual paraglider with your instructor from the top of the mountain (100-600 m high). During these approx. 20-minute-long flights, you will take the controls of the glider. You will have plenty of time to practice exercises, with the help of your instructor who will be seated behind you. This is the best way to learn, no doubts!
With this system we also save time: you can fly with your instructor and practice more often and you won't be waiting for hours to the light wind conditions.
For a couple of days, we combine tandem flights with theory lessons and ground handling practices until you are ready to fly in a glider all on your own.
- SOLO FLIGHTS:
After three or four tandem flights with your instructor, you will have learned the basics of piloting the glider and you should be ready for solo flights! You will fly alone for the rest of the course, but always under supervision, with radio support.
- The intensive course takes the whole day, from 9h00 in the morning to sunset, with a break for lunch.
What’s different about us?
- Mini-paragliders: Too windy to fly? No worries… we won’t lose that time; with our mini-wings of 13 m2 surface, you can practice ground handling even if the wind is strong!
- We have a private flying site where you can fly in a quiet environment without too many other pilots flying around.
- You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors. Most of the paragliding foreigners guides and instructors come here just for a few months, during the winter season, and after that, they go back home... but our staff are Spanish. We were born here and we have learned to fly in these mountains. We know our place.
We also offer courses and qualifications for residents who are required to have a BHPA license to fly in the UK.
EQUIVALENT RATING OBTAINED IN THIS COURSE LEVEL
- FAI IPPI 3
- APPI 3 PILOT
- BHPA CLUB PILOT
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
- You must be older than 16 years old and your weight 120 Kg max.
- The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- The rent of the full flight equipment.
- Third party & Accident insurances, with repatriation cover.
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrieves: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
ADD A ROOM TO YOUR PACKAGE
Most of the accommodations that you can find in the town are based on rooms in self-catering houses. All the houses have wifi, bed sheets, towels and kitchen facilities.
We offer a variety of options to fit all needs at different prices:
- Youth Hostel. Shared bunk beds room from 18€/night.
- House. Shared twin beds room by 20€ night.
- House. Single private room by 35€/night.
- Little private house for couples or families from 40€/night.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Please read the coverage of our insurance; if you need something else feel free to contract your own private insurance.
If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
YOU SIMPLY MUST COME!
Because in Spain we have the best climate conditions for paragliding the whole year round, even in autumn and winter while the rest of Europe is frozen we can fly great thermals at 18-20ºC. And not only will you be flying but you will be enjoying the culture and the real people of Spain.
The mountains around Algodonales are one of the best paragliding spots in southern Spain and one of the most popular in Europe. During the spring it is a great thermal site and has good cross-country potential, even for your first XC flight. But it is also an easy place for beginners, full of big landing areas. The coast is just one hour away and offers two other easy coastal flying sites above sand dunes.
The village is full of restaurants and cafes, and they are open from early morning to midnight: you cannot miss tasting the fantastic local food and tapas at low prices: coffee or beer from 1.2€, tapas from 2€ and a daily menu by only 8-10€.
Algodonales is also ideally situated for visiting the surrounding great cities and sights of interests such as Ronda, Grazalema, Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz, Jerez de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz and Costa del Sol.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.