XC Training Camp
Paragliding Cross Country coaching at Algodonales, Spain.
Our XC camp is a training week specific for paragliding pilots who want to fly far away. It is an intensive experience for super motivated pilots - of all levels of experience - who share the same goal: to improve their cross-country flights and to come together to create an environment of camaraderie and friendship!
Each day, our pilots learn to design the best XC route with the support of internet tools and the help of an experienced instructor. A coach will suggest daily tasks and flight exercises to improve your capabilities and confidence.
Our XC Training Camp is for pilots at any level; It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner in cross-country or an experienced pilot with hundreds of flights, we will adapt the training to you. Our aim is that you can achieve your first, or your best, cross-country flight
Personal training and goals: Every day each pilot can choose to fly cross country or to fly locally; in this last case, the instructor will propose some tasks and exercises. We know every pilot is different, so we follow your progression with statistics and set your goals according to your level. No pressure, we are here to have fun!
Real-Time GPS Tracker: for your safety, we use an Android App real-time location tracking service. We can track you in real-time while you are flying!
The good weather and orography of the area make Algodonales a perfect destination to learn or to improve your cross-country flight skills. There are straight-forward cross-country routes, many big areas for landing and the instruction of your coach will make the flights easier and safer to you.
YOU SIMPLY MUST COME!
Because in Spain we have the best climate conditions for paragliding the whole year round, even in autumn and winter while the rest of Europe is frozen we can fly great thermals at 18-20ºC. And not only will you be flying but you will be enjoying the culture and the real people of Spain.
The mountains around Algodonales are one of the best paragliding spots in southern Spain and one of the most popular in Europe. During the spring it is a great thermal site and has good cross-country potential, even for your first XC flight. But it is also an easy place for beginners, full of big landing areas. The coast is just one hour away and offers two other easy coastal flying sites above sand dunes.
The village is full of restaurants and cafes, and they are open from early morning to midnight: you cannot miss tasting the fantastic local food and tapas at low prices: coffee or beer from 1.2€, tapas from 2€ and a daily menu by only 8-10€.
Algodonales is also ideally situated for visiting the surrounding great cities and sights of interests such as Ronda, Grazalema, Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz, Jerez de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz and Costa del Sol.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- Daily lessons for novices, and tips for the most experienced pilots: how to find thermals, how to fly in the lift,... all you need to know for flying far far away!
- Workshop: use of internet tools for weather forecast and how to design an XC route.
- Daily meteo briefing and plan for the XC route of the day.
- Statistics of your progression.
- Shuttle to the flying sites: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Retrievals: after you land, you send your position with GPS and we will find you!
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
ADD A ROOM TO YOUR PACKAGE
Most of the accommodations that you can find in the town are based on rooms in self-catering houses. All the houses have wifi, bed sheets, towels and kitchen facilities.
We offer a variety of options to fit all needs at different prices:
- Youth Hostel. Shared bunk beds room from 18€/night.
- House. Shared twin beds room by 20€ night.
- House. Single private room by 35€/night.
- Little private house for couples or families from 40€/night.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
You don’t need to be an expert; the course is good even if you have never achieved an XC flight before, but you need a bit of previous experience flying in a thermal lift in order to take benefit of the training.
- You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding. Bring it with you.
- You should have a Travel Accident Insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover.
- Bring your Flight Equipment, with reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and mobile phone. It is possible to hire with us a full flying kit or any elements.
The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.